Monday, March 14, 2011

My favourite insult

About an hour and a half ago, I went offline (shock! horror!) so that I could duraseal the three volumes of Tax Law legislation that I bought today. My parting message in one of my Facebook conversations was "ttyl dork".

A few minutes later, I received this text:
"Don't call me a dork, person durasealing their tax books!"

Good call. It is a rather dorky thing to do, prima facie. But they are massive and their covers are flimsy and if I took them to university in my bag twice a week then they would surely be destroyed, if left uncovered. So, my response (in my head) was:
"It's not dorky; it's sensible!"

However, having thought about it for a few moments, I realised that being sensible does not necessarily preclude something from being dorky. In fact, the two are hardly mutually exclusive. Depressingly, most things that I thought of immediately after making this realisation were both dorky and sensible. See below:



No comments:

Post a Comment